1. Personal Information
Personal information" refers to "personal information" as defined in the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, and includes information about living individuals that can be used to identify specific individuals by name, date of birth, address, telephone number, contact information, and other descriptions, as well as data related to appearance, fingerprints, voiceprints, and health insurance card insurer numbers. "Personal information" refers to information that can identify a specific individual by itself, such as name, date of birth, address, telephone number, contact information, or any other description.
2. Information that we collect
When a user registers for our services, we may request personal information such as name, date of birth, address, telephone number, email address, bank account number, credit card number, and driver's license number. Additionally, transaction records and payment information, including the user's personal information, may be shared with our partners (including information providers, advertisers, and advertisement distributors, etc.) during interactions between the user and our partners.
3. How we use your information
The purposes for collecting and using personal information are as follows:
1) To provide and operate our services.
2) To respond to user inquiries (including verification of identity).
3) To send email notifications about new features, updates, campaigns, and other relevant information related to the services users are utilizing, as well as information on other services provided by the Liberius.
4) To contact users when necessary for maintenance, important notices, and other essential communications.
5) To address instances where users have violated the Terms of Service.
7) To enable users to view, modify, or delete their own registration information, or to review their service usage status.
8) To process payments for paid services.
9) For any purposes incidental to the above-mentioned uses.
4. Change of purpose of use
1) We will only change the purpose of using personal information when it is reasonably acknowledged that the new purpose is related to the original purpose of use prior to the change.
2) In the event of a change in the purpose of use, we will inform the user of the updated purpose by following our prescribed methods or by making an announcement on this website (Hotelwee).
5. How we share your information with third-parties
We will not provide personal information to a third party without the prior consent of the user, except in the following cases. This exclusion applies to cases permitted under the Personal Information Protection Law and other relevant regulations:
1) When it is necessary to protect a person's life, body, or property, and obtaining the individual's consent is difficult.
2) In cases where providing personal information is particularly necessary for improving public health or promoting the sound growth of children, and obtaining the individual's consent is difficult.
3) When it is necessary to cooperate with a state organ, a local government, or an individual or entity entrusted by either of the former two in executing affairs prescribed by law, and obtaining the individual's consent is likely to impede the execution of the affairs in question.
4) When we have notified or announced the following matters in advance, and when we have notified the Personal Information Protection Committee:
The purpose of use includes providing information to a third party.
The specific data items to be provided to the third party.
The means or method of providing information to the third party.
The provision of personal information to a third party will be discontinued at the request of the individual concerned.
The method of accepting the individual's request.
6. Disclosure of personal information
1) When an individual requests the disclosure of their personal information, we will promptly provide the information to them. However, we may decide not to disclose all or part of the personal information if any of the following cases apply. A fee of 1,000 yen will be charged for each instance of personal information disclosure:
When there is a risk of harm to the life, body, property, or other rights or interests of the individual or a third party.
If there is a risk of significant hindrance to the proper conduct of our business.
In the event of any other violation of laws and regulations.
2) Despite the previous paragraph, as a general rule, the Liberius will not disclose non-personal information, such as historical data and characteristic information.
7. Correction and deletion of personal information
1) If a user's personal information held by the Liberius is incorrect, the user may request the Liberius to correct, add, or delete their personal information following the procedures prescribed by the Liberius.
2) If we determine that it is necessary to address a user's request as described in the previous paragraph, we will promptly make the necessary corrections or adjustments to the relevant personal information.
3) Upon making a correction or adjustment based on the previous paragraph, or when deciding not to make any changes, we will promptly notify the user of our decision.
8. Suspension of use of personal information
1) An individual requests us to cease the use or delete their personal information (hereinafter referred to as "Cease of Use") on the grounds that it has been handled beyond the scope of the purpose of use or obtained through wrongful means, we will promptly conduct the necessary investigation.
2) Based on the results of the investigation mentioned in the previous paragraph, we will take appropriate action without delay.
3) In cases where we implement a cessation of use, etc. based on the previous paragraph, or when we decide not to cease the use, etc., we will promptly notify the user of our decision.
4) Despite the preceding two paragraphs, if the cessation of use involves a significant amount of cost or is otherwise difficult to implement, and if alternative measures can be taken to protect the rights and interests of the user, we will implement such alternative measures.
9. Revision of this policy
10. Contact for Inquiries
For all inquiries regarding this policy, please contact us at:
Personal Information Inquiries Desk, Hotelwee.